We submitted a paper yesterday that describes our system. It’s anonymized submission so I can’t talk about the details.
But let me talk about the engineering effort.
We’ve wrote 40 thousand lines of code in the past one and half years, and we’ve checked in almost 1000 changesets in this period. I am the main contributor and wrote about 60% of all the code. But this is a large project. We had six people working on this project, either contributing the code, testing the system or providing suggestions, so that’s equivalent to more than a hundred man-months!
All of the effort is simply for publishing one research paper. Phew! This is not easy!